Features

NARS Final Cut Collection Blushes



I'm just going to start off by saying that I love NARS. I don't just love it, but my eyes go heart-shaped emoji when I think of the black rubbery packaging and whenever I walk into my local Mecca Cosmetica my heart has full on palpitations and I'm basically a twitching mess in the corner. Yes, I feel justified in saying that NARS is my all time favourite makeup brand. There, I said it. Their foundations, concealers, bronzers, highlighters, multiples, eyeshadows, liners, and lip pencils are absolutely phenomenal. Their blushes, however, hold a very special place in my heart and are a makeup lovers dream. The shade range, buttery formula, blendability, pigmentation, and packaging are perfect in my opinion and I'm on a gotta-catch-them-all mission to get every shade in my mitts. 

It's no surprise the the blushes from the new elusive Final Cut Winter 2014 Limited Edition collection drew my attention. This collection aims at giving a "fierce, feminine and edgy" look with a variety of pinks from a coral to a lavender-pink shade. The four blush shades in the collection follow the quintessential characteristics of NARS blushes so the quality is impeccable. I picked up two of the shades, Love and New Attitude which are absolutely gorgeous both swatched and on the cheeks.



Love is a gorgeous slightly warm toned dusky pink colour that is described as "tea rose" on the Mecca Cosmetica online store. I would say this is pretty spot on and I think the shade would be universally flattering on a variety of skin tones- both lighter and darker skintones could pull this number off. I adore this shade as it just goes with every look and adds a subtle flush to the cheeks while still looking extremely natural. Love, love, love this shade! Get it? ;)




New Attitude is slightly darker than Love in tone and is definitely the more cool toned of the two. In the pan, it looks slightly scary as it is quite a bright shade but sheered out, it imparts a perfect looking flush to the cheeks which I'm expecting will look great with a tan and a bronze smoky eye. Load me up, please. 

This shade was incredibly hard to track down so if you can get your hands on it, buy it on slight in a buy-now-or-cry-later fashion. It was completely sold out online in Australia and I managed to snap up the last one in Queensland after phoning every store in the state. You can call me obsessed, but it was well worth it. 

Now I've gotten the scent for NARS blushes once more, I'm definitely going to be on the hunt for more shades for my collection! I'm desperate to get Penny Lance, Deep Throat, Cactus Flower, Sin... the list is never ending! What's your favourite NARS blush?

2 comments:

  1. I feel you girl! I get as excited when I see the Nars counter at Sephora! The packaging is the best in my opinion and every single of their products are amazing, especially the blushes I have to agree! Nice to know that they came up with a special edition, I'll have to check it out!

    MD. http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! All four shades of the blush were gorgeous but I couldn't justify handing over $180 for four blushes!

      Delete