Features

Nails: Spring Edit


Oh, Spring, how I love you. The weather is warmer, the colours are brighter, and life is sunnier. Out with warm clothes, Autumnal and frosty colours and in with neons and pastels, flowy dresses, bikinis, and messy beach babe hair.

My nails tend to reflect the season, and this spring is no different. Here are a handful of top picks for Spring...


Clockwise: Rokk96 in Mermaid | Chi Chi Salon Formula in Back it Up | Cotton On Body Nail Enamel in BB Fluro Pink | Ulta 3 Nail Colour in Pink Supreme | Revlon Nail Enamel in Lilac Pastelle

1. Shimmery Nails:
I love rocking a slightly shimmery nail in spring, particularly in blues and light pinks. Rokk96's Mermaid is the perfect ocean blue (accurately named in my opinion) and Ulta 3's Pink Supreme rules the roost, catering for my light pink with a fine gold shimmer needs- and believe me, I live for this one. The two polishes practically own my nails all spring and summer long. It's tough to beat these two for the prized spot on my nails. 

2. Pastel Nails:
Pastels are another favourite of mine- particularly mint. Chi Chi's Back it Up is the perfect mint for me; not too green, not too blue, and just the right amount of pastel. It's a painstaking three coats for this one but sitting around bored is the price to pay for gorgeous nails. Revlon's Lilac Pastelle is another favourite of mine and looks stunning on the nails. I just love the way this shade looks on my tips in the spring.

3. Bright Nails:
What would a spring nail polish edit be without at least one in-your-face put-some-sunglasses-on-it's-so-bright shade? Oh yes, Cotton On Body's BB Fluro Pink is the right one for me. Sometimes a girl just needs to go all out Barbie pink and if spring isn't the right time to do it, I don't know what is. This shade is unbelievably eye-catching and is always a talking point. I love me a bright set of talons.

The only problem is, which shade do I paint my nails next? Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment