Features

INGLOT Freedom System





INGLOT is the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory of the cosmetic industry. Imagine row upon row of gorgeous eyeshadows, endless lipsticks ranging from electric blue to red to holographic pinks, and a seemingly endless line of nail polishes. Welcome to heaven. In the height of my obsession, my friends would have to physically restrain me from running into the shop in my local Westfield flashing my card like nobody's business. 

Their Freedom System is the highlight of the brand- armed with a magnetic board to arrange your palette of choice and limitless combinations of colours, textures, and products, it really is a dangerous magical place. I am proud of my self-restraint- I only walked away with a quad of eyeshadows housed in their signature palette with a magnetic lid- I could have easily walked away with their 4o pan option and still gone back for seconds... 

The quad:
  • A golden shade- like all INGLOT shadows, this shade is beautifully buttery, pigmented, and of a high quality; I would say that the quality surpasses that of MAC shadows and are only a fraction of the price ($10/pan compared to a whopping $26/pan for MAC shadows which are noticeably smaller and less pigmented). This shade in particular is gorgeous for a golden smokey eye. Placed in the inner corner and the first third of the lid, this colour brightens the eye and looks absolutely stunning. I look forward to whipping this one out for Christmas festivities, but it looks gorgeous all year round.
  • A light brown shade- this is definitely my favourite shade of the quad and hands down my most used. The quality is fantastic and the shade itself is neither too warm or too cool toned- just the perfect dose of brown- and is a gorgeous shimmer without any glitter chucks in sight. I love to use this one all over the lid on its own or deepened up with the dark brown shade of this palette for a more evening look. It looks stunning paired with the MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy and a few lashings of mascara. Eyes done.
  • A dark brown- this is no ordinary, stock standard brown. Oh no. It is a gorgeous chocolate brown infused with an extremely finely milled gold shimmer. Holy damn, this stuff is beautiful. As I said, it looks gorgeous in the outer v of the eye and also works wonders when it is smudged out along the lash line for a slightly smokey effect.
  • A rich cranberry- this is the wildcard of the quad. I had absolutely nothing like it in my collection so naturally, it was a must-have shade. I would classify this shade as a satin finish- not as shimmery as the other three, but not quite matte either. I love this shade (even though it looks scary both in the pan and swatched)- it looks great with a light hand as it complements my green eyes, making them pop. I will definitely be rocking this shade as Christmas draws nearer with a feline flick of black liquid liner- and of course, a hefty amount of black mascara. 
As the sweet shop of the beauty industry, I will definitely be returning to satisfy my sweet tooth (without the risk of getting diabetes- the worst I can do is emptying out my wallet). I've got my eye on some of their matte shades, as well as a certain four pan blush palette...






No comments:

Post a Comment